Beginning of this month SAP announced the introduction of the Digital Access Adoption Program (DAAP) following the Digital Access Pricing Model released in April 2018.
This journey started some years ago when the SAP user groups pushed for more transparency around licensing and indirect use.
SAP responded with the launch of a new pricing model. Though after some time it became clear that there was still a lack of transparency and predictability.
In collaboration with the user groups SAP developed a Digital Access Conversion Program which exist out of two parts:
- A free-of-charge Digital Access Evaluation Service to support the customer determining the initial number of digital access documents
- Proposal of possible models to license the determined indirect access, so the customer can choose which model would fit best.
When clients make the move within the next year an attractive price offer is promised. SAP also mention that the new licensing program will largely come at little to no net-new costs and will ensure that no client will be penalized for violating license rules in the past.
But is it just that pure and simple as SAP let you believe?
- Until now many clients are confronted with an enormous amount of documents created by interface users, so the tone is mostly set by the initial count…
- What about documents created by 3rd party applications that might be triggered by employees who are already licensed for SAP?
- How to deal with the “old” indirect access licenses. Not on line-item level, but on order level. And covering other subsequent documents, like financial documents?
- Can over licensed products being used to cover parts of indirect access?
- And how to deal with the fact that SAP states that EDI and Robots are indirect access as well?
- Finally it should be clear how to deal with future (landscape) changes and the belonging indirect license impact.
Unfortunately all these questions will not be answered by the SAP’s DAAP.
Nor will the alternate options that you might have as a client i.e. by licensing it differently then offered within the adoption program.
Our SAP team can help you in addressing all these questions and to give you a clear and objective answer if the DAAP would be beneficial for you.
For more information please contact us via SAP@Cloud-optics.com